TST training, available both at our centre and over Skype, involves parents or carers acquiring unique and empowering skills.
- TST exercises programme is designed to enhance your child’s development, reduce stress and increase the happiness and quality of life for the entire family.
- The objective is to improve the development and function of a child’s breathing, circulatory and postural systems by the application of uniquely designed light gentle pressures over the ribcage and joints.
- There is an initial 1-hour evaluation of each child. Directly after this evaluation (or on another arranged date) parents are taught the first TST therapy programme which they will work on at home with their child.
- Courses of TST instruction usually involve between 3 and 6 hours of training sessions, these can be spread over 1 to 2 weeks, depending on family circumstances.
- Three or four months later parents return to Advance to learn further exercises based on the development of the respiratory/circulatory/postural system together with its effect on other bodily functions and the health status of the individual child.
- Each set of TST exercises pressures lasts 5 minutes there is a minimum of a 5 min break between exercises. You may choose to do 6, 8 or 12 daily exercises 6 days a week depending on your family’s situation.
- The exercises can be done while your child is lying or sitting, asleep or awake.If your child is small they can be done in your arms at any time and almost anywhere even on the beach!!
- The exercises schedule may be divided up during the day – whatever works best for you and your child.
- Re-evaluations and breathing measurements are made every 6 months to monitor progress.